All the Bright Places Book Review

Author: Jennifer Niven 
Published: By Penguin Random House UK on January 6th, 2015 
Genre: Fiction, Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance 
Synopsis: 
This story is about a girl who learns to live from a boy who wants to die.
Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.
Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation when she can escape her Indiana Town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister’s recent death.
When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it’s unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the “natural wonders” of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It’s only with Violet that Finch can be himself - a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who’s not such a freak after all. And it’s only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet’s world grows, Finch’s begin to shrink. 
My Review:
I came across this book in the background of a YouTuber’s vlog months ago. But when I was in a bookstore recently I recognise it and remember that I really wanted to read it. When I first saw the book , I only saw the cover not what it was about. Once I read the blurb I just had to pick it up and read it.
When I was reading the book I just fell in love with Finch and how he sees the world. That he doesn’t care what people think of him, that he is his own person and he choose to be that person because of what he thinks and not what others says. But he has thoughts and emotions that take control over him and he can’t escape them until he meets Violet. Violet is someone who is struggling with her own issues that in some ways she believes that Finch can relate to. They both meet on the ledge of the bell tower on the brink of bad thoughts and memories. She is someone who has had to deal with a lot that has put her in a swirl of nothingness that she is someone who wasn’t interested in anything else anymore like she used to. She believed that it was her fault and that she would use this situation as an excuse for everything instead on dealing with her issues and coming to term with them. Until she meets Finch and she feels like someone can relate to her and that someone can make her feel better and that is exactly what he does. 
This book had me to the point of staying up until 2 am to finish the book because I could not put it down. I went through a whirlwind of emotions throughout this book from being sad, happy, excited, thrilled, angry, depressed and then there was the crying and a lot of it. This book talks a lot about depression, suicide and even mental disorder and diseases that is why I would not recommend people reading this book from under the age of 14. It talks about what really goes on in someone’s head when they have these issues and how they deal with them. It made me realise that there are a lot of people out there who deal with this every day and some people just ignore the facts and signs that people show and do nothing to help them. That bullying can cause a lot of issues and high school is a great example of how people put labels on each other just because those people are a bit different or unique. That schools, in general, should be educated on the signs of depression and bullying and help these kids cause they may not want help on the outside but on the inside they are calling out for help. I have had my fair share of bullying in my time but the best advice I could give anyone is to ignore the bully because eventually they will get bored and leave you alone as well as not letting what they say or do affect you because that is what they want, a reaction from you. Also to seek out help from teachers, friends, parents or even counsellors cause they will listen and hopefully help you as well. 

But overall this is a incredible book that I recommend everyone to read, to share and to express there opinion in the comments before!!

Comments