Countryside Vacation

Hey Guys 


How is your week going? 
 So I thought I would try something new for me which writing travel posts. I like the idea of writing down everything like a journal in a way so I can look back on it later in the future. 

I wanting to write about my experience whilst away from my normal life. So the place I went is down south into New South Wales to a town called Armidale. The place I was staying at was on the outskirts of Armidale in a small town on a little block of land (farm). This beautiful place was incredibly peaceful, insightful and spiritually moving. From the scenery to animals to the people or places it was a great experience overall. 

Sunday 19th February 2017

On Sunday I travelled in the car with my father to Grafton, NSW to get picked up by the people I would be staying with. I have to say that it has beautiful to see the landscape of Australia on my travels down considering that I live in a city where all I see is buildings and skyscrapers and not a lot of wide open spaces. So to see that on my way down was amazing and then finally actually reaching where I would be staying made it more amazing. So driving down took up most of the time on Sunday, so we had dinner which was my mum's famous lasagne and then watched some TV and went to Bed.  

Monday 20th February 2017
So on Monday, it was a lazy, relaxing day of a lot of talking and catch up with the people I was staying with as well as playing with their dogs. They have 2 dogs who I might just say are the craziest, energetic, cutest dogs that I have ever come across. Where I was stay was in the middle of nowhere so I was able to do some driving lessons in the countryside which was interesting and exciting at the same time. So this was my first proper day in the country which seem uneventful but that is the point of going away and relax, doing nothing.



Tuesday 21st February 2017

On Tuesday was another relaxed chilled day of doing a bit of food shopping in town and then watching movies and playing with the dogs. We watch Mall Cop which I have never seen as well as Deepwater Horizon. Mall Cop was completely and utterly hilarious and I have to say that I really enjoyed watching this movie and remember that is the second movie to this so I will have to watch it. As for Deepwater Horizon, my thoughts and feelings and overall review have been noted in my previous blog post and if you want to see that I will link it down below. 






Wednesday 22nd February 2017

Today was gardening and mowing day! We started off with eating breakfast which I have to mention because I tried Hot Cross Buns for the first time and I have to say I have been missing out for all these years on an incredible breakfast option. So we started on the weeding around the perimeter of the house and picking up debris that has been left around the house and garden. Next, we moved on to removing a type of plant that has been overgrown in the gardens which might I say we hard to get out of the ground!!! Then finally we tackled the rose garden which was utterly beautiful I will some pictures below of some photos. After doing some gardening I came inside whilst they did the mowing and showered and got ready for the night.




Thursday 23rd February 2017

Today was exploring day for us! We went into town to see the sights and do a bit of shopping. First, we went to the two geese Cafe and had a great chocolate thick shake and went on to look around Armidale. It is such a small country town that is beautiful in its own way from the landscape, the buildings, architecture as well as the quaint feeling overall of being there and seeing everything that small town has to offer. I took a few photos in town while I was there so I will put them here for you guys to see. 


We went out for lunch at the Whitebull and had a steak and chips, you know the typical pub dinner and I have to say that was the best steak and chip dinner I have ever had. We went food shopping after lunch and I popped into Collins bookstore had a little splurge on some books that I have had on my wishlist for a while now. These books are Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver, Wayfarer by Alexandra Bracken and Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth. Pictures down below for reference. After that, we drove back home and spent the night in watching tv and Jupiter Ascending the movie and then went to bed for my last night. 


As for Friday it consisted of driving back to the Gold Coast and eating Mc Donalds haha!!! 
But I have to say the overall experience was incredibly relaxing, beautiful and the best trip away from the internet. To be honest with you guys the main reason I went away for this trip was to deal with my mental health and being away from social media and the stresses of the world is amazingly relaxing. 

So if you guys like this type of post I will continue doing it and feel free to comment about everything I have talked about in this post. And if you guys want me to talk about my mental health and what I am doing to help control it, comment down below as well! 

Comments